woensdag 18 maart 2009

Assisi 1

The March challenge for stitch explorer is Assisi. This was new to me, so I read a lot about it online and found this lovely spring bunny pattern. I made a little Easter ornament with it to discover this technique. I used 2 threads of DMC for the cross stitches and 1 for the backstitches. Green is one of the traditional colours for Assisi, so I used 'spring green' (light and dark) for my ornament.

On this page there is a link to download Assisi Embroideries by Thérèse de Dillmont. It’s listed as Dillmont, Thérèse de, Assisi Embroideries, DMC Library.

3 opmerkingen:

  1. You are hot off the mark with the new stitch! I love your little bunnies. I must get down to this challenge, I think it is a nice technique.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Een goede start! Assisi is een mooie techniek (vind ik), maar wel zeer tijdrovend. Mijn eerste voorbeeldje is dan ook nog niet klaar.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Those bunnies are adorable - a beautiful example of Assisi embroidery!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen