donderdag 13 augustus 2009

Buttonholed herringbone stitch


. . . is the name of the stitch I used for the last seam of my crazy Monday block. It is one of the stitches in my embroidery book: Embroidery Stitches by Mary Webb. I was very happy with the result, it looks like scalloped lace. The foundation of this stitch is a large herringbone stitch. Then I made a buttonhole stitch over this foundation. Next Monday I will show you the block with the embroidery, but I wanted to share this lovely stitch.

4 opmerkingen:

  1. It is lovely! Definitely looks like lace at the first glance.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Oh I remember this, we used to put this little lace looking stitch around the edges of our handkerchiefs, it makes such a nice edge! Your TAST stitches are beautiful, keep up the good work, I love seeing them and the contemporary embroidery. I love that chicken pillow and all it's wonderful stitches.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Your stitching is perfect...
    I think this stitch has a lot of potential.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Very beautiful. I like this stitch on your pink ornament as well.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen