donderdag 22 juli 2010

Ladder stitch

I spent most of my creative time on my crazy block. I’m happy with it so far, but I have some different ideas for the same place on my block. Therefore I wanted to step back from it for a few days. That gave me time to catch up with a TAST stitch from week 15, the ladder stitch. I’m quite sure I’m inspired by the lovely examples I saw at the Flickr TAST-group. I show you a few details here. You can click on the pictures to see the details bigger. I started with burgundy perle 8 at the bottom. Then I made a blue ladder stitch with perle 12 and beads at every 4th rung.My next example is done in perle 8 with brown and yellow. I switched colours every 2 rungs.
This was a fun experiment with green perle 5. I started with 2 rows of ladder stitches side by side. Then I made one big ladder stitch of it, I only used the stitches on the left and right side. Afterwards I added a very small ladder stitch with pink perle 5 using the stitches on the inside. When they were so close together I could not make a new rung I made a few backward chain stitches and finished it with some backstitches.
This last example is done with perle 12 again. I made the ladder stitches wider every few stitches and I laced it with a satin ribbon. Then I filled the rest of the space with needle weaving with the same blue perle 12. I secured the ribbon with French knots.
If you want to see my complete sampler, just take a look at my Flickr-page.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten