donderdag 12 augustus 2010

Siennese stitch

The TAST stitch for week 24 is the Siennese stitch. I enjoyed it very much! This stitch reminded me of the Sorbello stitch and that made me stitch this example in 2 colours with perle 8. When I was stitching this, the next variation popped up. I made the stitches next to each other, but I turned every second stitch a quarter to the right.
In this next variation I made the second part of the stitch on both sides of the straight stitch.
This is a simple drawing of that.
These are only a few of the examples I made on my sampler for this week. I also used it in freestyle embroidery! My complete sampler is on my Flickr-page.

8 opmerkingen:

  1. Hi, I saw your sampler on Flicker, but did not realise you had turned each alternate stitch round on the blue one. This looks good.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I liked the way you flicked this from side to side

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. You have used the stitch in a very beautiful manner.All are nice
    Vani

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Love the variation you made. Thanks for the sketch too.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I like the two colours, which show the stitch well. All samples are well done.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Nice samples but I like the third one more...may be I will use this variation for neckline someday..

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. interesting variation w. the flipped stitch

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen