woensdag 27 april 2011

Plos fabric book

My fabric book of the samplers for Sharon's class Personal Library of Stitches is finished. This is the front of the cover. I made layers of linen, Mistyfuse, the orts of Nefertiti, Mistyfuse and organza. That way Nefertiti is part of my fabric book too, as I also stitched her at the back of the cover. At the edge of the organza I made 2 rows of opposite buttonhole stitches. The curvy lines are stitched in Portuguese stem stitches. All stitches are done with perle 5. Page one, my border sampler. I temporary added a piece of felt to the inside of the cover to hide a personal stitched message.


Page two, with a quote to remind me of this article.


Page three, I called this sampler Birth.


Page four, a sampler in Chevron stitches with 17 different threads.


Page five, a sampler stitched on felt.


Page six, stitched on dark blue linen fabric.


Page seven, another border sampler.


The last page, I appliqued it to the back of the cover.


I stitched Nefertiti to the back of the cover in a Portuguese stem stitch.


The spine of my fabric book.


It was very difficult to take good photo's, so I made a video while I was flipping throught the pages. If you want to know more about my samplers, just follow this link.

7 opmerkingen:

  1. Wonderful! I wish I'd planned ahead enough for my samplers to work together. This will be a lovely memento of the class and of you for your heirs, too.
    ~Faith

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. This is soooo amazing! I saw some of the pages on stitchin fingers...love seeing the whole thing. Really beautiful!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Not only do I just LOVE your embroidered / fabric book Annet, but I'd really like to know more about the construction of the book. That intrigues me! Would you share that process with us I wonder?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I made this book 10 years ago and made no notes about the making. But maybe the link to the video underthe last photo gives you an idea how it looks.

      Verwijderen