maandag 19 maart 2012

Second pebble

Yesterday I prepared the base for my second pebble. I rust dyed the muslin in
a tin box a few weeks ago. I wrapped the fabric around a rusty screw with an eye.
After rinsing, washing, drying and ironing it looked like this.
I secured most things I wanted to trap between 2 layers of muslin with a few stitches. At this point only the bottom fabric was stretched in a hoop. 
After trapping them between the 2 layers of muslin I stretched both pieces of muslin together in my 6 inch embroidery hoop.
A detail in a different angle. I’m looking forward to start stitching on this pebble.
This pebble is part of the pebble adventure at Stitchin Fingers
We use this tutorial to stitch our pebbles.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. I really like how you not only rusted the fabric with enclosing something in the fabric.....you enclosed the fabric in something to rust it!!!
    Deb

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen