zaterdag 3 maart 2012

Stacked chain stitch

Last week I showed my TAST chain stitch samples and today I want to share how I made the stacked chain stitch. It was inspired by Deepa’s chain stitch filling. I used perle 8 on Aida, each stitch is 2 spaces long. First I stitched 2 rows of purple chain stitches with one space between them.
Then I made a stacked row of yellow chain stitches. I started between the purple rows, halfway the first chain stitches. So the stacked row is shifted one space.
I put my needle from top to bottom through the inside loops of the purple chain stitches and pulled the thread through.
Then I pulled the yellow thread to the left to make it easy to make the chain stitch. I used my needle to do that, but didn’t pull the thread through.
Now I could make a normal chain stitch through the fabric.
And this is the result.
I attached 2 mm beads inside the yellow chain stitches.
You can click the photo’s to enlarge them.

10 opmerkingen:

  1. It looks great ! Thank you so much for the tuto!!
    I like to learn new stitches!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Thank you so much for this tutorial.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Lovely examples. I especially like the beads added to the stacked chains.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. wonderful~!!!~ i was wondering how this was done.
    i'll have to make a sample so that (hopefully) i can remember it.
    thank you for sharing~!

    :-)
    libbyQ

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. This is really very effective Annet. Thanks for the tute.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. wow
    very pretty. Colours super combinations. Work is fentastic.
    viji

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Thanks for the tutorial.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Beautifully done...I had no idea for to use it in this way..Thank you

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Loverly;;;thank you for this tutorial so clear and easy for to do

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks. Please leave a comment with a link to your stitches if you use this tutorial, I would love to see it!

      Verwijderen