dinsdag 10 april 2012

Old stem stitches

The TAST stitch for week 15 is stem stitch. I’ve used it in lots of different pieces, so it was not so easy to pick just a few to show you today. Of course I start with the embroidery you all know as the TAST logo. I stitched the lines in stem stitches with Caron Wildflowers. On this detail you can see how I stitched the intersection.
The second sample is an ATC I made for a green ATC swap. The dragon is stitched in stem stitches, the horns in satin stitch.
I also use stem stitch for the labels of my quilts. This is the label of my little quilt Sunbonnet friends. The lettering is stitched in backstitches.
In 2009 I made a little redwork quilt for my niece. This is just one of the 4 blocks 
I stitched in stem stitches. The finished quilt is here.
Last year I used stem stitch to emphasize the flowers on this ATC. The hearts of the flowers are chain stitches and there are straight stitches inside the petals.

5 opmerkingen:

  1. Beautiful work. All so neat and perfectly stitched. I am way behind with my TAST projects so I must get off this computer and catch up ! Marion x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Very nice, Annet. I'll be starting mine tonight.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Wonderful examples of your stem stitching. Love the green dragon. I have yet to start mine but hope to this evening.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. The bear is so cute.
    Nice work. I love all. viji

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen