dinsdag 24 juli 2012

Old oyster stitches

The TAST stitch for week 30 is oyster stitch. It’s a stitch I struggled with the first time I tried it and this video helped me very much. It’s a stitch I often use, but it’s not always visible in my work. This first detail is part of my TAST 2007 sampler. It’s stitched on muslin with 2 threads of stranded floss.
The oyster stitch is a perfect tulip. This detail is part of block 3 of my 
Crazy Monday quilt. It’s done with stranded floss.
This is a detail on my woven trellis stitch sampler, a TAST 2010 stitch. 
I stitched oyster stitches with perle 5 to represent leaves.
There are lots of oyster stitches in my sumptuous embroidery Halloween and Relief, but it’s not visible any more. This is a detail on my sumptuous embroidery Touch. There’s an oyster stitch at the bottom of the whipped wheel. I think the thread is a perle 5.
This is the first stitch I couldn’t find in any of my stitch dictionaries.

10 opmerkingen:

  1. Looks like a terrific stitch to learn. Thanks for posting your past photos of this stitch and I'll be sure to watch the video. Thanks for the link :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. lovely examples! this is a beautiful stitch - I have been practicing and your examples help very much~ thank you!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. lovely samples. i like the red flower and orange buds.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. such beautiful embroidery Annet....

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. fantastic samples of oyster stitch, thanks for sharing

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. I alwys admire your even stitches and again thanks for sharing!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Lovely samples. All your works and color combos are eye catching.

    shami.
    www.shamiatcraft.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Lovely stitch...I am following your blog. I would be happy to see you following mine.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen