donderdag 30 augustus 2012

Sheaf stitch

The TAST stitch for week 35 is sheaf stitch. I stitched my 2 x 2 inch sample on 18 count Aida. I’ve used different threads: perle 5, 8 & 12, stranded cotton and silk floss and Stef Francis spun silk with flames. The bottom row is a variation I found in my book Stitch Sampler by Lucinda Ganderton, it’s called Old Wheatsheaf.
The Old Wheatsheaf was my inspiration for the row just above it, a laced sheaf stitch. I stitched both rows in perle 5.
This 8-point star is done in stranded silk.
Take a closer look at this sampler on my Flickr-page.

9 opmerkingen:

  1. Wat een mooie ieniemienie sampler! Verwerk je al die verschillende borduurwerkjes ergens in? Het lijkt me zo zonde als dat allemaal in een la beland.
    Groetjes,
    Paula

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Dank je wel, Paula. Deze sampler is een onderdeel van een pagina met negen 2 x 2 inch vakjes. Alle samplers zijn 6 x 6 inch en aan het eind ga ik er weer een fabric book van maken, net als van TAST 2007 en TAST 2010. Je kunt ze op mijn Flickr pagina vinden, de link vind je links boven. Ik gebruik mijn fabric books regelmatig als ik inspiratie nodig heb!

      Verwijderen
  2. Very nicely done variety of samples, Annet! I need to start using a fabric like that sometimes, to make it easier to get my stitches more even.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Lovely! One of the nice things about looking at others' work is seeing something I didn't think of... in this case using two colors. So simple I should have thought of it, but I didn't.

    ~Faith

    http://airynothing.net/Blogs/anblog

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. This is a wonderful sampler, great stitches and beautiful colours!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. using different color for this stitch is a great idea

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Annet your sampler is so good. I like the old style version and the colours of threads.
    The eight point star is great.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen