dinsdag 20 november 2012

Old Portuguese border stitches

The TAST stitch for week 47 is Portuguese border stitch. The first 3 samples are part of my TAST 2010 sampler. At the time I wanted to see if this stitch could be worked in a circle. First I made an 1 inch whipped wheel until there was just enough space left for the Portuguese border stitch on the spokes. I used a darker green for that and I embroidered it counter clockwise. That way I could first embroider the side next to the whipped wheel. It worked very well, when I was finished I couldn’t tell where I started it.
Here I added beads to the Portuguese border stitch. I stitched the beginning a bit lose, so I could add a bead there too.
This yellow and blue variation was a strange experiment. I started to make foundation stitches and I made them wider each time. I stitched this from the outside to the inside.
This is a seam on my TAST 2010 CQ. I made an extra stitch, so there are 3 threads next to each other instead of 2.
My last sample is a progress photo of my Pink ornament.
All samples are done in perle 5, when stitched them I only had stranded floss and perle 5 in my stash. This week I hope to stitch the Portuguese border stitch in different threads.

6 opmerkingen:

  1. Goh, wat een hoop varianten van dezelfde steek. Vooral die cirkel vind ik erg mooi.
    Groetjes,
    Paula

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. So many lovely and neat variations! You did a great job of adding beads to this stitch.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Beautiful and colorful one with beads.

    www.shamiatcraft.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. god to see such variety in this stitch, would never have thought of adding beads, must remember to when I use it on a piece of work.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I, too, like the addition of beads but my favourite is the wheel. Your blog is so full of inspiration, every entry is like a tutorial. THANK YOU!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen