Monday, November 12, 2012

Woven picot

De TAST stitch for week 45 is woven picot. There was not much time to stitch this week, so I made a lot of notes in my studio journal for later use. I only stitched a small flower on my 18 count Aida sampler and combined it with a blackwork design from my new book.
The centre of my flower is a whipped wheel with 6 threads of stranded silk. The petals are done with perle 5. The background in blackwork is stitched with 2 threads of stranded floss.
It would have been easier if I stitched the background before I added the petals!


  1. Annet, your flower is really wonderful and I like also the background. I like how you combined the wheel with the picots. I can imagine how difficult it was to do the background after the petals - when the thread constantly gets mingled and wrapped around. Congratulations to your patience.

  2. superbe broderie woven picot que nous appelons chez nous " le point d'esprit".

  3. Goh, die bloem lijkt helemaal los te komen van de stof. Mooi! Groetjes,

  4. you have taken it to another level with stitching the background , very nice indeed


Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them and try to reply at the same post within a few days.