dinsdag 11 juni 2013

Old crested chain stitches

TAST stitch 70 is crested chain stitch. It’s a great stitch with many different looks. This is my TAST 2007 sampler, stitched with stranded floss on muslin.
A seam on block 6 of my Crazy Monday quilt. I stitched it with 3 threads of stranded floss and added some straight stitches.
This seam is part of my Tilda ornament. The thread is Stef Francis perle 5.
The next 3 samples are details of my embroidery Birth. The crested chain at the left is stitched with perle 8.
Two rows of crested chain stitches in light and dark green perle 5 at the right.
And a crested chain stitch with Stef Francis perle 5 at the top.
This flower is part of my floral sampler for PLOS. It’s stitched on the same linen as the sampler I started last weekend. The thread is Stef Francis perle 5.

7 opmerkingen:

  1. I would guess this is a stitch you like! There are so many beautiful samples. I think it is the perfect stitch for Sumptuous Surface Embroidery.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. this is a stitch I have not come across before but I am impressed with your examples, they have worked wonderfully

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. lovely how you've made it crest too.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Love your work, beautiful stitches as always!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. You did wonderful samples. I love the flower and the pink sample, full of good ideas.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. I like the way you've varied the length of the crests. Also like the colours in Birth.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. You have done some really nice samples of the stitches Annet.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen