maandag 8 juli 2013

Inspired by Cecil Touchon

A few months ago I saw a postcard made by a friend in the style of Cecil Touchon. I liked it very much, but thought it was made by weaving paper strips. Last weekend I searched online to find more info about Cecil Touchon. I found lots of examples of his work and  a YouTube video, which inspired me to a page in my studio journal and an ATC. The quotes are from the Dutch magazine Flow
Waar is de stilte is Dutch for Where’s the silence.
I chopped it up and rearranged the squares into a nice collage.
 This is the quote I used for my ATC.
Again chopping it up and rearranging the squares into a nice collage.
I like this technique a lot, next time I use a quote with more colour.

4 opmerkingen:

  1. So you did give it a try! It's fun, isn't it? I tried with different styles & sizes of lettering and I enjoyed seeing how they came out.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Yes, this is so much fun! I don't think it was the last time I used this technique. Thanks again for introducing me to it!

      Verwijderen
  2. I follow the trail from your flickr photo you sent to the studio art journal group - and wanted to say that I love the simply your life collage- its not so simple!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks for following the trail! These collages took less time then I thought, they were so much fun to do.

      Verwijderen