dinsdag 23 juli 2013

Old zigzag chain stitches

TAST stitch 74 is zigzag chain stitch. It’s been a long time since I used this stitch. All samples are stitched in stranded floss. My first sample is part of my 5th ATC, which I made in December 2007.
This is a seam on another CQ ATC.  I decorated it with beads in the zigzag.
My last sample is part of my ATC Crazy Apples. Here I decorated it with French knots to secure the chain stitches!
I’m still playing catch-up with the TAST stitches, but after stitching the wrapped coral stitch and the Portuguese stem stitch I’m going to experiment with the zigzag chain in other threads.

6 opmerkingen:

  1. Weer erg mooi ,als ik jouw blog lees heb ik ook gelijk Engelse les twee vliegen in een klap ,oefening baat kunst

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. The Zig-zag Chain Stitch is good in combination with other stitches, knots or beads. I also think it would make a nice filling stitch.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. you must be so organised with all your sewing pieces, able to find all your previous samples and share them with us, once again my thanks to you for all these examples.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. beautiful samples annet. the one with beads is very nice.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. lovely samples. thanks for sharing. I like the yellow one with red and blue French knots.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. The French knots to keep the zig zag from wobbling is such a good idea!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen