Why do I start with a photo of a pair of scissors? Well, the result of me using this tool is a still unfinished quilt. But let me start where I left off last week. A few days ago I stitched the last stitches on the label of my quilt. The vase on my quilt is made of batik and I wanted the vase on my label to be different too. So I used rayon in the same colours as the batik, it has a lovely sheen.
This morning I added a strip of fabric to the edge of my label, like a continuous binding. When I was done I had some nice mittered corners, but the seam allowance made my label bulky. That’s when I used the scissors. I wish I had thought about the continuous binding, because . . .
. . . this is how my corners look like right now! First I thought to hide the missing corners behind buttons or ribbon bows, but my quilt deserves better. There’s still some space around the embroidery, so I think I can safe my label. I only need to contrive how to do that. Suggestions are very welcome!
More info about Work In Progress Wednesday at Pin Tangle.