woensdag 2 oktober 2013

Work In Progress Wednesday - October 2

After two months I can tell you my fabric book Trees is finished!
The most difficult part was making some nice photo’s and a video.
The front of my cover. I appliquéd the tree to the background and added detached chain stitch leaves. The edge is couched with knitting yarn. I used the same yarn to knit the spine of my book.
The pages are made by members of Stitchin Fingers for the 2012 book page swap. Page 1 is made by Helen in South Africa.
Page 2 is made by Frances in Australia.
Page 3 is made by Teresa in Australia. At the left you can see the pocket with the notes at the backside of the page made by Frances.
Page 4 is made by Trillian in Germany.
Page 5 is made by Vicky in Australia.
The inside of the back cover has a pocket with all letters and cards that accompanied the pages.
You can see me flipping through the pages of my book here.

I wrote about the making of this fabric book on:

More info about Work In Progress Wednesday at Pin Tangle.

17 opmerkingen:

  1. Wat een rijk bezit! Ik vind het heel mooi geworden.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Jee wat ontzettend mooi ,heb ook even op die sites gekeken ,kijk me ogen uit wat een mooie dingen,

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Annet this is beautiful......so many amazing pages and memories too of the people who made them....wonderful. I love the spine, it's very special. I am going to go and watch your video now.....
    http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Super mooi zeg! het kaft is prachtig, de inhoud ook zeer de moeite waard en wat een slim idee om een zakje erin te maken voor de kaarten.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. What a beautiful team work. Everyone has used colours to a great effect.
    I didn't realise that you had appliquéd the tree to the landscape fabric on the cover - I thought it was embroidered directly.
    Nice to see the video and note all the details you have put into this work of art.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. this is a lovely book, it will bring such memories every time you look at it, not only lovely pages but you have put it together so wonderfully

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. What a beautiful piece of work and so many memories of a passion shared by friends around the world. Well don Annet

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. What a beautiful book it has turned out to be, it is like a little work of art and a lovely keepsake. I liked the little video, well done!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. What an absolutely terrific book! Enjoyed watching the video too. I'm currently working on a book of stitched owl pages. Hopefully it will turn out. I liked the pocket at the back too. All wonderfully done.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. What a beautiful and wonderful book, Annet. The trees are perfect - each for itself. I am now going to have a look at the video.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. This is so beautiful! What a lovely project to come together from so many amazing stitchers in such farflung places. Amazing!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. What a nice finish! I love your cover and the knitted back.
    Mine is not yet done but I hope I will fish it this year.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. Wonderful book, Annet. Well done! Beautiful pages for lasting memories.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. Your book is amazing and what a lot of treasured memories are there. it is beautifully finished you can be very proud of this work.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. It's a beautiful book. I've always wondered what people did with the things that they swapped and I think that you've put the pages together beautifully in a way that will keep everything safe but still visible. I love that you've included the letters and cards too.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. This is really lovely! A book seems a wonderful way to save swaps.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen