zaterdag 9 augustus 2014

Blue fabric card

TAST stitch 123 is woven chained bar. TAST stands for Take A Stitch Tuesday, an embroidery challenge at Pin Tangle. I used it for the first seam on my fabric card. The bar is done in DMC Jewell effects, the woven zigzag chain in cotton a broder.
Crocheted lace in wool with Stef Francis Tick Rayon bouclé woven through the holes.
Feather stitch in 2 threads of stranded floss, decorated with small bugle beads.
Tied herringbone stitch in 2 threads of stranded floss.
Half buttonhole wheels in DMC perle 5 color variations.
Beaded linked chain in 2 threads of stranded floss.
My button cluster.
Take a closer look at my fabric card here.

10 opmerkingen:

  1. How nice the TAST stitches look on a fabric card. A good place to show them off.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. a very pretty card, thanks for giving me the idea of crochet lace, might add some to my crazy blocks if I can work out how to do it!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Crochet lace doesn't has to be difficult. This was only single crochet and chain stitch. I like how easy it is to make it the size you need!

      Verwijderen
  3. very beautiful fabric post card.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Love the idea of using the TAST stitches on a post card/birthday card! I'm going to have to have a look at that woven chained bar.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you, Rose. The woven zigzag is time consuming, but for me it's very meditative.

      Verwijderen