woensdag 19 november 2014

Work In Progress Wednesday - November 19

There wasn’t much time for stitching this week, I’m working on a knitting project for a little girl that will be born soon. So there’s not much progress on my Phoenix this week. I finished the outline in Portuguese stem stitch and marked the border of my work in yellow tacking thread. I don’t stitch a border, because my daughter want her phoenix framed.
The next step will be pulled thread. I already gathered my books . . .
 . . . and some of my old embroideries for inspiration. I took a photo of them together, because I’m sure many of you never saw my older work. The oldest piece on this photo is my dragon, I made it for the Stitch Explorer Assisi challenge at Pin Tangle in March 2009. I only used stranded floss for this ornament, you can read more about it here. The first time I tried pulled thread is in my Casalguidi tree, which I made in May 2009 for another Stitch Explorer challenge. You can read more about this tree here. Nefertiti was the last embroidery I made in Sharon’s PLOS class. You can read more about my Nefertiti here. I made the last 2 embroideries for Sharon’s Sumptuous Surface class in 2011. I wrote about my sumptuous pieces here and here.
Work In Progress Wednesday is a support group to encourage people to complete languishing projects, Works In Slow Progress or UFO’s.
More info at Pin Tangle.

12 opmerkingen:

  1. Ik heb even lekker terug gewandeld langs al die mooie werkjes ,jeeh wat inspirerend met al die verschillende dingen ,gr marloeskreatief

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Dank je wel, Marloes. Ik vond het zelf ook leuk om al die oude werkjes weer te zien. Ik vraag me af waar ik de tijd vandaan haalde!

      Verwijderen
  2. You can get a lot of inspiration both from the books and your previous work. I haven't done any pulled work since I took Sharon's Sumptuous Surface Embroidery course. Time to take out MY work and get inspiration...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Yes, it was fun to see them all my old embroideries together!

      Verwijderen
  3. It is great to see all you work together. each and every piece is unique, beautiful and inspiring. Looking forward to your journey of phoenix. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I'm looking forward to my journey with the phoenix too!

      Verwijderen
  4. how good to see some of your past creations as well as what you are dong now, must come back and revisit and go back to before I started following you

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. They are all so beautiful, and relief and texture are my favorite.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Good luck with your pulled thread work this can be a time consuming job!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I always enjoy pulled thread, it's so good to see the stitches change my phoenix!

      Verwijderen