woensdag 5 november 2014

Work In Progress Wednesday - November 5

Today I want to introduce a new project, my Crazy White quilt will be on hold until it’s finished. A few months ago my youngest daughter moved into a new home. I already made a quilt for my oldest daughter, so I thought this would be perfect timing for a quilt for her. We talked about fabric and layout, but when she visited us she saw my Assisi dragon and fell in love with it again. She wanted something like that! We talked a lot about the design and she decided it should be a phoenix in yellow, orange, red and blue. With that in mind I created this collage in my studio journal.
We spent a few lovely hours to make a colour palette in thread and beads. She was very specific about the colours she didn’t want me to use!
My oldest daughter designed the phoenix, which I’m not going to share yet. 
I bought a nice linen evenweave and my fingers itch to get started!

Work In Progress Wednesday is a support group to encourage people to complete languishing projects, Works In Slow Progress or UFO’s.
More info at Pin Tangle.

14 opmerkingen:

  1. Just looking at the colours make my heart sing!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Love these colours too, it will be a pleasure to work with them.

      Verwijderen
  2. Those are beautiful colors, I am pretty sure is going to be a fantastic quilt. And I am in love with the threads.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. It would be a great quilt too, but my daughter wants an embroidery.

      Verwijderen
  3. Oh this is going to be so nice! Looking forward to seeing its progress

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you, Sharon. I'm going to print the pattern today in the right size and hope to make the first stitches tomorrow.

      Verwijderen
  4. what a lovely selection of colours this is going to be georgeous

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks, Margaret. It was fun to make a colour palette with my daughter.

      Verwijderen
  5. The dragon is fabulous! I look forward to seeing the phoenix - the colors are all so vibrant!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks, Renee. I'm still enjoy the look of my dragon, I see it every day!

      Verwijderen
  6. very beautiful colours. They are inspiring too. looking forward to your progress.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Hi Annet! What are those big, fat DMC skeins?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. They are DMC perle 8, 25 g or 200 meters. You can never have too much embroidery thread!

      Verwijderen